- Designs and documents database architecture.
- Assesses malfunctions of hardware and/or software applications for the purpose of determining
- Appropriate actions to maintain computer, network, and database operations.
- Builds database scheme, tables, procedures and permissions.
- Creates, tests, and executes data management languages.
- Develops database utilities and automated reporting.
- Analyzes and sustains capacity and performance requirements.
- Monitors systems and platforms for availability.
- Oversees backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover.
- Performs maintenance operations daily, weekly and monthly on Microsoft and SQL servers and
- databases, and information systems for the purpose of ensuring efficient program operations.
- Performs database backups and restorations, and recovers corrupted databases.
- Evaluates and recommend new database technologies.
- Implements and maintains database security and encryption.
- Develops, manages and tests database and information system backup and recovery plans.
- Develops standards and policies for data entry, and ensures compliance.
- Prepares written materials for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Prepares and distributes reports, including but not limited to weekly and monthly status reports to the IT Operations Director.
- Attends seminars, conferences, in-service training and staff meetings as required
- Other related duties, as assigned
Experience in the following:
- Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO); using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools is required.
- Backups, restores, and recovery models is required.
- Microsoft SQL Server, Server Profiler, Reporting Services, ETL SSIS and Tableau.
- Ability to conduct High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) testing plan and support SQL Server environments.
- Microsoft SQL Clustering and Replication.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux Server, administrating Active Directory, DNS, Windows Group Policy Objects (GPO’s) and Group Policy Preferences (GPP).
- BS degree in a computer discipline or relevant certification
- 5+ years working experience as a Database administrator
- MCSA SQL certification is required.
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certification is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
- Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically
- ITIL Foundation certified
- 40 hours per week
- Project located in New Cairo