Helping Middle East Government to automate business operations, 2016
Middle East Government had an implementation of Oracle E-business Suite in order to automate business operations across government entities.
The current implementation had drawbacks of having no methods of data recovery in case of failure. As well as, no high availability neither on the database, nor on the application level. Another challenge was being faced, was that the system will soon have to be publicly available on the internet for recruitment purposes, thus requiring the current system to be extended to have external users use iRecruitment module, while ensuring the security of the internal modules.
Khwarizm Consulting assisted the government address the above challenges through the following:
- Performed the backup system evaluation, and provided recommendations on how to rectify the existing backup strategy
- Developed and deployed a new backup strategy for the three environments, then completed multiple testing cycles for backup, and recovery of all databases.
- Deployed Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) integrated with Symantec Backup Exec tape library to backup these databases. The use of multiple backup channels, RMAN catalog enabled the
company to meet their business guidelines and maintenance windows.
- Introduced high availability through migration of the current configuration from single instance to RAC architecure consisting of 2 nodes.
- Implemented Demilitarized Zone(DMZ) configuration on Oracle E-business Suite to securely expose an external node with iRecruitment implemented on it, to allow external users to use iRecruitment over the internet.